Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Blog

First day, first blog.  Actually I've blogged before in Photoshop class for assignment, but I don't think that counts.  If  he could see me now, my Photoshop teacher would be proud of me. 
I've been inspired by the Razmataz blogsite and want to get started.  Sometimes you just have things to share and you're not sure anyone would understand if you said them out loud.  Here I can talk to no one in particular, and maybe only to myself, but at least I can express my thoughts, frustrations and joys.
I'm currently working on an old dark-wood chair with a caned back and sides to take to Market Day to sell.  The chair has "good bones" and lots of character, but the cushion and platform it sits on, stink to the high heavens of musk and mold.  I spent all afternoon yesterday tearing down the platform's three layers of fabric and pulling out countless tacks.  Then I had to replace the burlap webbing because it was moldy.  By the time I was done, all I had left to work with was the wood platform and springs.  Slowly, painstakingly and at times, not sure what to do next, I replaced everything, and finally arrived at the point where I could recover the platform with new fabric.  I set it inside the chair and oh, how lovely it looks.  Worth all the effort!



Next, I'll start on the cushion, complete with new foam and fabric. I've added some pictures of the process, but it's a little too late for the "before pictures". Below is a picture of the musky, stinky cushion that I'm replacing tonight.  What ugly fabric!




Hopefully, at Market Day, someone will fall in love with my chair as I did, will want to purchase it, take it home and give it a second or third life.  Stay tuned for pictures of the final version.

2 comments:

The Stylish House said...

Cindy,
I use Photoshop also. I like I can make changes as I see fit and don’t have to rely on a blog designer. I’m sure I make mistakes, but it’s more fun this way. The new templates are much more user friendly now. I’m on an old version and I’ve hacked it about everyway possible.
Cathy

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

So glad you took the plunge and joined the blogosphere! It's always fun to find new blogging buddies. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...