Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bedroom reveal

I spend so much time in my bedroom that I wanted it to be a special 
place that I absolutely love to be.  Besides sleeping there, 
I do almost all my homework in bed, I watch TV in bed, 
and it's where I do all my sewing for my
 window treatment customers.  So ~ when I'm not at my
full time job, I'm in my bedroom (especially in the winter).  I spent
a year decorating the room, mostly due to finances and it is a
hodgepodge of pieces collected over time and from various places. 


The first piece I worked on was the sewing table.  This is where I 
make all the pretty things for my window treatment business, 
Curtain Call.  I haven't been very busy this year with sewing, but 
there were times when I spent all my free time at this table.
  I wanted it to be a pretty place to work.
  

Next is the armoire.  It came from The JC Penney Outlet and was originally purchased for the lake house I almost had.  It is where I store all my
sewing supplies. 
    

It has such pretty details.


The headboard was also a great find from Penney's Furniture Outlet.  It was
a bargain at only $29.  I painted it to match the other furniture and 
covered it with a beautiful duvet and lots of pillows.




The headboard is topped with a familiar sign that used to hang over my daughter's bed when she was younger.  When she grew
out of it, I couldn't bear to part with it.


The nightstand is pretty nondescript, but holds a picture of my daughter
and a few other pretty things.


My dresser was found at another outlet store and fortunately was
the perfect color and the only piece I didn't have to paint.

 

My vanity was a desk I found at a yard sale.  It was a surprise
of sorts, because after I purchased it and was loading it into my car, I
discovered the top was totally ruined.  The lady had set a large
box of books on top of a bad spot to hide it.  So I had to purchase a piece of
oak veneer to recover the top with.  The chair was another
yard sale find and the mirror is from Lowe's.

 

To add more structural personality to the room, I topped off one wall 
with a shelf that runs from one end of the room to the other. 
It adds some extra storage space.

 

My most recent purchase and splurge is my beautiful
chandelier that I found at a store that repairs lighting fixtures.
It was a "hole in the wall" kind of place with paper
covering all the shop windows, but was full of treasures and run by
a very kind and lovely Christian couple. Imagine my surprise
when I discovered that it is exactly like a chandelier I saw Tommy 
eyeing on a farmhouse episode of "Sarah's House".

It's a pretty small room and packed with probably way too
much furniture, but it is cozy and has everything I need to
function and be comfortable.

7 comments:

Ruthann @Home Is Where Your Story Begins said...

And it is beautiful!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beautiful room! Love the chandelier and that adorable sign over the bed. :)

maría cecilia said...

A very beautiful and lovely bedroom!!!

Marfi-topia said...

oh my goodness ! thank you for the link to this!!! your room is beautiful and what treasures you have found..i can't say what my favorite part of this is either ..i love it all

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

A very lovely and relaxing suite, Cindy. I can see myself spending loads of time in a beautiful space like that. Unfortunately, hubby doesn't like me to decorate "too girly".

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful bedroom you've created! I love all of your furnishes! Now I sew and I'm loving your sewing area! I like the glass canisters with your threads in. I may have to borrow this idea.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kathy said...

Hello, I visited Mary's site and she shared the wonderful thing you're doing for her - then I had to pop over. You have a very Delightsome room - You've decorated it beautifully! Love all your finds and your creativity!
God Bless,
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...