Sunday, February 3, 2013

Scripture Sunday ~ Giving Back

The other day I was thinking about all the lovely flower photos I have pinned on Pinterest and how they cheer and give sunshine to my soul in the midst of a cold and snowy winter.  I suddenly realized that the sunshine they receive while they are growing they freely give back when they bloom.
 
 images via Vicki Horton, Moonlight Rainbow, and hepsylone
  
I was awed by their giving, which brought to mind this verse from the Beatitudes, 
"Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap.  For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you again."
Luke 6:38
 
images via Cowparsley and Victoria Station
 
As I pondered this verse and the example of the flowers which give so freely, I stopped to examine my own life and asked myself and God, "How can I give more freely?"  Not to get back (although the verse does promise that), but because so much has already been given to me.  How can I give my life away to God and to others is the question I am challenging myself with today.
 
images viaVictoria Station, Au pays des merveilles, and flickr
 
I hope that these beautiful flower photos so beautifully given via Pinterest bring sunshine to your soul on this snowy February Sunday morning. 
~
Linking with 
 
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays 
 

8 comments:

Sonia said...

Gorgeous photos and I love the one of the sunflowers and lavender! What a nice way of thinking that even the flowers are giving to those around them! Enjoy your Sunday!
Miss Bloomers

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

These are beautiful photos of some of God's best work!! I enjoyed your post. You did spread some sunshine today!

My Garden Diaries said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful question for us all to ask ourselves. We can all give a little to someone else everyday to make the world a better place! The flowers make me so excited for spring!!! Enjoy the day!!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Beautiful photos and thoughts. How to focus beyond myself is always something I work on...

Later this evening, I'll be posting about a fun, easy way to "give back" during this Valentine season. I hope you'll stop by and check it out.

Lucille said...

Thank you for those lovely photos. Very uplifting. I especially love purple flowers and I adore lilacs!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

First of all, what a good eye for choosing beauty to share. Second, I love the question you are asking of yourself and God and the verse you shared. What a colorful, sweet and thought provoking post. Third, a snowy day sounds lovely. I'm sure to many of you in the North it might get tiring, but for those of us who have year round sameness, a snowy day sounds like a bit of wonder. With that said, it was gorgeous here today; sunny, coolish and breezy. A perfect Florida Sunday.
Liz @ Quirky Vistas

The Tablescaper said...

what gorgeous images and beautiful thoughts.

Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That is just lovely, Cindy = so beautifully stated.

What a remarkable gift that promise is to us all, too, yes?

Have a blessed Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...