Monday, February 4, 2013

Drink Up

In my little kitchen is a little cabinet under the windows that I have set up as a drink station.  No tea or coffee, but everything I need to make hot chocolate or my morning smoothies.
 
 
In the glass containers I keep my whey protein powder, chia seeds, honey, and hot chocolate mix.  I only have two of these green mugs, so they hang out here too, along with my Nutribullet that makes my smoothies and an old sifter that I use to hold the straws.
 
 
I ordered my Nutribullet from an infomercial and I love it.  It turns any combination of fruits, vegetables, seeds, or nuts into a healthy wonderful smoothie.  It is so much easier to use and clean than a blender or juicer and takes very little counter top space.  
 
 
In case you're wondering where the marshmallows for the hot chocolate are ~ the dog and I ate them all.  I didn't think it wise to keep replacing them since very few of the three bags I bought actually made it into the hot chocolate.  
~
So drink up ~ a snowy night always calls for a cup of hot chocolate ~ with or without marshmallows. 
~
Linking with
 
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday  
 

9 comments:

The French Hutch said...

I love your hot chocolate~smoothie station. I think it's a great idea! I've very interested in the little Nutribullet, I think I will google it and if it might work for me. I love to make smoothies requires going to the pantry and pulling out the blender! Thanks for sharing.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Gone Country said...

What a great idea. Everything is so handy and I'm lovin' that little Nutribullet. That would be perfect for life in a 5th wheel. (I didn't bring my 50 pound Champion juicer.)

Heehee, that's just too funny about the marshmallows. I have some Marshmallow fluff that I bought to make fudge with and never made the fudge. I think I'm going to have to get into some of it soon! Or, maybe I'll drop a hunk of it in some hot chocolate... adding hot chocolate to the grocery list now, lol!

Do you make your own hot chocolate or do you buy the little packets? I'd love to have a healthier version of hc.

Lucille said...

I love your little corner. It looks so cozy! When I yearn for hot chocolate, I warm up a cup of almond chocolate milk which I get in a carton like a milk carton at the supermarket. It's delicious. I have a bullet of some sort which I received as a gift a few years ago and I'm ashamed to confess that I have never taken it out of the box. it's just that I have so little counter space here and my cupboards are all filled with essential things.

My Garden Diaries said...

I love everything about this drink station! Wow! How fantastic to have it all right there at your fingertips! My kids would love this and I would love to have something like that for healthy smoothies as well! Thanks for sharing!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Nice little drink nook! I have a magic bullet but I have never seen the Nutri Bullet before. I like how you turned the antique sifter into a straw holder! ~Hugs, Patti

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

This is such a sweet and practical display. How could anyone in the North live without one! I love the use of the sieve and the tins. It has actually been a little cool here finally; I should remember to have some hot chocolate myself before it heats back up.
Liz @ Quirky Vistas

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a great idea! I have a little tray with my some of my supplements on it but this is way cuter. Don't you love those little blenders, I love mine too! Hope you are having a great week,
xo, Andrea

Robyn said...

This is a great idea and its adorable too!.. I wonder if those Nutribullets are still available? You said they work as good as a juicer without the mess? I ask because I was just telling my husband we need to start juicing because we don't eat enough veggies and fruit
Robyn

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How fabulous is this. What a great idea and you have everything ready and displayed so beautifully. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...