Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dreamy Creamy Whites

I think of my bedroom's color scheme as
pink and green.  But recently I realized
how creamy white it is too.
When decorating with white on white tones, 
I've always felt the focus should be on details 
and texture, as in the hardware on the
dresser and armoire.



The armoire also has delicately carved 
flowers across the top.


Because my bed is always covered with 
numerous pillows, I often forget how 
beautifully carved the headboard is.


The mirror and shelf supports are also
elaborate with detail.



At a flea market this summer, I found this gorgeous
duvet cover and delicate lace bedskirt. 
They have a quiet beauty that is found 
in their texture and simplicity.
 
 
While I don't think I could decorate 
without lots of color in my home, I love and
 always will be drawn to the texture
and beauty of white on white.

I'm linking up with Kathleen at
Faded Charm for White Wednesday.

9 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Beautiful. Lovely post. I love white and I love color and love changing things for the season. I use white as the backdrop and then add little bits and bobs of color here and there for each season.
You have a beautiful blog.
blessings,
Debbie

High Street Cottage said...

How Gorgeous and such a well put together post too. Would love to see the entire room, I bet it's stunning!

Unknown said...

I love all your white objects. They look luxourious, yet delicate. Very Pretty.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

The details of your bedroom furniture are lovely and the texture of those beautiful linens is wonderful. I bet you get a great night's sleep in such heavenly surroundings! :)

time worn interiors said...

Lovely things! You could have shown us the whole room! Please!
Theresa
aka:TOT

Rebecca said...

Love the fancy details-adding those touches makes all the difference!

Blue Creek Home said...

Your headboard is beautiful. I agree with Theresa - we would like to see the green and pink part too!

*you asked where I found the displays for my white collars - the wire one came from TJ Maxx...I know!!!! The bust is from a local home interior shop.
Rhonda

Sandi said...

The details on your furniture are beautiful! Love them!
Happy WW~

Marfi-topia said...

how gorgeous!!! I would love to see the whole room!!!
the details are incredible..what a wonderful find that duvet and bedskirt are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...