Thursday, August 21, 2014

Going to Market

Well ~ it's time to go to market.  The big day is just around the corner 
and we're putting on the last minute touches.
These photos are from a staging that Kate did in our garage.  We have 
lots and lots of rusty, chippy items.
 
 
Dried gourds mix beautifully with vintage dishes.
 
 
 
A quatrefoil mirror and baby Alpaca wool from Peru in a rusty, chippy wire basket.
 
 
Only time can create this beautiful rusty/chippy look.
 
 
We found these gorgeous rusty metal orbs at a trade show. 
 Love, love, love these.  I want to keep one of these, but she won't let me.
 
 
Here's a vignette she made with an old suitcase that she filled with travel items.
 
 
I am amazed at her creativity and the ideas she comes up with.
 
 
A huge thank you to Sherry from The Charm of Home for featuring Kate's beautiful dresser.  She was so ecstatic.
~
Linking with
 
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
~
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

7 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!!! Those vignettes just rock!!! They have given me ideas for fall decorating in my home! Oh how I love the contrast of the chippy pieces with that soft white wool! I have no doubt that you guys are going to do awesome! Let us know how it all goes and tell her that she has a gift!!! Nicole xoxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful finds! That chippy rusty basket is great and I love your map display. Good luck at the market!
Sally @cottagefix

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Hope she has huge successes this weekend, Cindy! Tell her good luck from me! Let us know how she fairs.

Yay, looks great! : - )

Connie said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for visiting my blog this morning, it was great hearing from you. I love your stuff, your booth is going to be amazing. I wish Ohio wasn't such a long, long, long drive (over two thousand miles for me). I would love it if you would return and decide to follow me back, I have been enjoying your blog for sometime now, and love visiting :)
Connie

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Cindy, just beautiful items for the show. I can't imagine getting rid of any of them. Your daughter certainly has come by her creative genius honorably!. That orb would make the most beautiful hanging light. I hope she is very successful, and have no doubt she will be..Happy Weekend..Judy

The Charm of Home said...

She has a true knack for this decorating thing! Looks wonderful! Your welcome for the feature!
Sherry

Tamara @ Provident Home Design said...

I love the large rusty orbs too!:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...