Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nature's Ornaments

 
Like most of you, I'm anxious to start decorating for Christmas, but
 feel like I must wait until after Thanksgiving.
Outside of my bedroom window is a honeysuckle tree that still has
 it's red berries.  The birds love these berries, but for some reason, 
they have left these behind for me to enjoy.
 
 
 As the snow was gently falling today I realized how much the berries look like 
Christmas ornaments ~ nature's way of decorating.


I love how they look against the gray shingles of my house.
 
 
And so while I still feel obligated to wait until after Thanksgiving to pull out the decorations, nature is obliging me with red berries and snow.
 
 
Linking with
~
Mod Vintage Life for Mod Mix Monday

13 comments:

Poppy said...

So very pretty, these petite pops of red, refreshed by falling snowflakes, slowly seasoning a winter wonderland in the making.

Poppy

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a lovely display of Nature's beauty.

Brenda Pruitt said...

And it is beautiful! Just as beautiful, if not more so, than a decked out Christmas tree with lights.
Brenda

eileeninmd said...

Pretty images of the berries, a lovely nature scene! Have a happy weekend!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Lovely, Cindy! Right on with them looking like ornmanents!

COLD game today, Bucks still undefeated- it's officially now Beat UM week now! : - ) Whoo hoo!

My Garden Diaries said...

Beautiful Cindy! Your photographs are absolutely amazing! You captured nature's beauty in such a stunning way! I too have honeysuckles and have used some of the branches in my outside pots. I wanted to see the berries right out my window! A very happy weekend to you!!!

Linda P said...

Thank you for sharing the simple beauty of nature. Happy weekend, Cindy!

Betty said...

I am like you I want to decorate, but what to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. What a beautiful thing to see outside your window right now. I did not know there were honeysuckle trees. Love your new header.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh what gorgeous red berries! Like you I am waiting to decorate. It is so hard when Thanksgiving falls late.:)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Surely this must be at least one of the inspirations for tree ornaments.
These are beautiful photos. I would love to have a view of a bush like this outside my window! Happy Thanksgiving!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I for one like that you do not rush ahead. One holiday at a time and how beautiful your photos are of nature's beauty :)

Martha said...

I love your photos. I agree with you -- one holiday at a time!

June said...

Beautiful captures dear Cindy! I think nature is definitely the master decorator.
Such beautiful photos!
sending hugs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...