Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spring Came to Visit

Spring came to visit my house today.  
While walking through the dining room, I found a small pale yellow butterfly on the floor.  I was a little startled since one doesn't usually see a butterfly in mid January.
I bent over and to my surprise, it was alive.  So I gently picked it up and set it in some dried hydrangea flowers from last summer.
 
 
I ran to grab my camera to capture this surprise and unique visitor.
I wonder where it came from ~ certainly not from outside since it's only 10 degrees today. Maybe there was a cocoon hidden somewhere in the house and it just emerged.
 
 
   I set the hydrangea on a table so she could sun herself in the warm winter rays filtering in through the window.  She seems perfectly content there, but I'm not sure how to keep her alive.  I think I'll have to run to the grocery store and buy her some fresh potted flowers and find a way to give her a drink.
How sweet of her to come to visit and bring with her the hope of spring.
~
Linking with
 
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
~
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday 

13 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

How sweet! Beautiful shots!

chateau chic said...

Wow, what a lovely surprise and hope for spring you had! You did a great job capturing the beauty of the butterfly on the hydrangeas.
Mary Alice

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW. That's shocking.

But, Cindy, isn't that a moth?

Hopefully not. but it DOES look like one - so mind your woolens!

Baby, it's cooooold outside today, blustery brrr cold!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

How neat! I had my husband look at it and he said it looks like abutterfly to him but he said if it has a fuzzier body it could be a moth but it could be a butterfly. The flowers would be good for pollen and mist or spray them for moisture for it to drink. As cold as it is outside doubt anything would survive. Let us know what happens.~Hugs, Patti

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun. It is so pretty and what a wonderful surprise. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

LV said...

Smart butterfly. Probably remembered how cold it would get and hide in your house.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

A small saucer with some sugar water might work.
What a delightful surprise visitor!

SouthernHeart said...

What a sweet surprise and blessing! She's lovely...

Blessings,
Dianne
www.sweetjourneyhome.com

Anonymous said...

That's amazing - yes, she'll probably like the flowers - wonder if she'll make it? How about some nectar like you make for hummingbirds? Wonder if that'd work? I'm hoping she gets through to the true spring!
Happy Pink Saturday and here's hoping!
It's hard to shift thoughts, I'm thinking about her so much, but hope you can come by and see my mom's handwork of vintage embroidery swatches. Thanks, Jenn

Chubskulit Rose said...

A beautiful surprise!

My PINK
Have a great weekend!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Poor confused butterfly - hope she survives!

Popped in from Pink Saturday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Janice Kay Schaub said...

wow, lets hope that is a sign of Spring. I wonder where it was sleeping for the winter. How lovely for you
Janice

Sarah Coller said...

Pretty! How neat to think of it finding refuge in your house all winter in a little cocoon! Very awesome. :)

I've got a Homemaking Linkup going on right now, if you'd like to join.

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...