Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bright and Simple Decorating

I don't know about you, but sometimes I use the same Christmas decorations year after year, and then for some reason, I feel a need to change it up every year.  Sometimes I'm into more subtle colors and then sometimes I want the bright reds of Christmas.  This is one of those times . . .
 
 

This is a really quick and simple way to bring a splash of any color into a room for Christmas ~ a clear glass container with colorful balls inside.  These are just inexpensive plastic balls bought at Target last season.


I mixed them with a few red transfer ware plates, faux greens and red berries.


I found this bright red glass vase at Hobby Lobby several years ago on super clearance and it makes such a striking statement at Christmas time.

  
So if you need to brighten a corner for Christmas, try this simple and inexpensive solution.


Linking with
~
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration
~
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
~
The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday
 
 

14 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Good idea Cindy! Today I did a majority of my decorating and I put my vintage ornaments in my glass container on my dining room table. I think it looks pretty too!~Hugs, Patti

Julie said...

Gorgeous!

Lucille said...

I love your colourful clear glass containers, Cindy. Red is such a cheerful colour! I love your arrangements. Just looking at them makes me want to go and unpack all my Christmas things and start decorating.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE red and to me red says Christmas, sooooo pretty!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

You're so right! It really doesn't take much. Especially if it's red! Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

So bright and cheery Cindy! Wonderful little vignette! I am still decorating and, like you, trying to change it up a bit though I am using all my stuff I already have.. Took some chalkpaint that I had tried making earlier this year that was a flop and painted one of my trees with it to give it a flocked look.
Trying to simplify the decorating this year- We'll see.....

bee blessed
mary

Unknown said...

I love simple yet elegant decor. You've captured that perfectly! Just lovely!

June said...

I love the use of red at Christmas too Cindy! The greens along with the glass vase of red balls is beautiful!
sending hugs...

chateau chic said...

I can't decorate for Christmas without using red. It's a staple for me. Love filling containers with Christmas ornaments. Your vignette is so pretty.
Mary Alice

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I enjoy the bright reds with gold. Its so rich looking. Then again I like it with silver too.........love Christmas decorations. I have many old ones with treasured memories attached to them. I may not always use them but like to take them out and look at them again............
Joining your group followers
Janice

Anne Birdsong said...

Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Make It Pretty Monday.

This is wonderful! Why didn't I think of that? I know I have some pretty glass vases in my pantry that I could use.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy. This is one of my favorite ways to decorate. All those balls look so festive in a glass container. A definite winner. The French Hens have joined your blog and you are on our list of Great Blogs to follow. We would love it if you would visit the Nest and join us.

Linda and Jeannie

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

So simple and pretty! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see you at the bash! It opens on Monday at 8am CST. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Dixie n Dottie said...

This is so lovely! Love the colors! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...