Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Sheers

Years ago I knew a lady who had kitchen curtains for every season and I always thought that was a great idea, but never had the time or money for this luxurious extravagance.
My bedroom drapes are heavy and kind of drab ~ not that bad for winter when you want to hunker down anyways ~ but definitely not summery.


I've always wanted to make summer shears for my bedroom.  It is a dark room from all my large trees, which is one of the reasons this room never photographs well, and I've always wanted to lighten it up for the summer.  And to me ~ nothing says summer like sheers blowing in the breeze.


Just like everywhere else in the country, it has been to hot to open the windows this summer, so there has been no blowing in the breezes yet, but fall is just around the corner, so it won't be long.
I sewed ties of different lengths all along the top to create a care free/casual look to the sheers.


This fabric was such a bargain at only a couple dollars a yard and 108" wide, that it made these summer sheers an affordable extravagance.


And best of all ~ on those hot summer days when you want to block out some of the heat, but not lose the light ~ they are just perfect and create such a lovely atmosphere in the room.


Makes you want to curl up and take a summer afternoon nap.  Actually I just noticed that the lump under the throw is the dog, doing just that.  Don't dogs know how to totally enjoy life?
~
Linking with
 
French Country Cottage  for Feathered Nest Friday
~
At the Picket Fence  for Inspiration Fridays


 


 

7 comments:

Upscale Downhome said...

Love the idea of changing your curtains for the seasons. I did the same thing in my bedroom!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

They look wonderful and totally change up that room, Cindy!

And I laughed out loud about your hiding pootchie pup - how ADORABLE!

Go take that nap!

mariondee-designs said...

They look lovely. I'm thinking of changing my lace for sheers, just for a change. Your bedroom looks beautiful! take care, Maryann

chateau chic said...

Your window treatments are so pretty, light, and airy. Perfect way to lighten up a room.
Mary Alice

The Tablescaper said...

Your bedroom looks lovely. Definitely a sanctuary.My Mom used to change the living room drapes and put slipcovers on in the summer.

- The Tablescaper

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your summer sheers! They are so pretty. I have sheers year round. In Oregon you take all the light in you can!

The Farmers Daughter said...

The room looks so light and bright! Isn't it amazing what little changes can do?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...