Monday, April 30, 2012

Potted Ferns


I've been potting up a few ferns this weekend. 
 
 
 I saw this idea at a local flea market a few weeks ago and was tempted to buy a couple, until I realized I could make them myself.  I already had the faux ferns ~ all I needed was the peat pots.
 
  
I smudged some dark wax on the peat pots to make them appear older.  Then I filled each pot with a chunk of oasis and topped it with moss from the yard.  Lastly, I arranged a few fronds of each kind of fern in the pots and ended up with a lovely collection of potted ferns.
 
 
I originally made them to sell, but after arranging this table vignette, 
I have fallen in love with them and 
want to keep them.  Isn't that the way it always is?
 
 
Rust and green just seem to go together.    I found this little tray at Hobby Lobby and added a few touches of green paint and then a layer of dark wax and now it looks old too.
 
 
 
I think I'll sell a few and keep a few.
 
 
Linking with
 ~
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday 

9 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS!! Found your blog over at Marty's and just became your newest follower:)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

These are so pretty and especially arranged in your aged tray.

Yes, we always want to keep everything. I'm guilty.

hugs
Sissie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello...


Sooo pretty! I love the look of all the different ferns in the little peat pots! They look great in the beautiful tray. What a beautiful table centerpiece! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us today!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Suzy said...

These are so, so pretty! I don't think I'd be able to part with them either.

Anonymous said...

Cindy those potted ferns are so cute. I would never have thought to use wax to age peat pots! I am going to have to break down and buy some was. Is that the same brand as the chalk paint you use- Carmella or something like that?

How's the energy? I was down for 2 days solid last week but am thankful I am feeling some better this week.

I switched out some of my pillows today for a little bit different look in the bedroom. It is so much fun having such a variety to choose from! You so blessed me friend and continue to do so every day that I see my pretty bed.

bee blessed
mary

Cristina Garay said...

What a beautiful tray you created! The ferns look great in those little pots!

Debby said...

Are you having the spring sale at your cute little home this year.
How is your store space going?

Ivy and Elephants said...

I am loving your varieties of ferns. I thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful post. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join us.

Paula
Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

bj said...

I love love love these. I just have to try to make myself a tray full to go on my dining table. Here's the thing, tho...since I am not crafty, I don't know what 'peat pots' are....? and 'oasis'.?

I just became a Linky Follower..:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...