Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Office Blues

I was reading a post the other day called
"A Touch of Christmas in Every Room" over at
inspired me to add a touch of Christmas to my office.
I had an old Christmas tree made out of blue, white, and silver
bulbs stuck into a styrofoam cone that never quite looked right.
I decided to pull them out and put them in this lovely glass pedestal 
bowl that I got at Goodwill.  


I added some white seashells to the mixture
since my office has a beach theme (another idea
from The Inspired Room).  
I set it on my desk beside my lifeguard lamp where I
can see it easily while working at my computer.

  
Here is Miss Biddy keeping me company and taking a 
little nap while I do my homework.


Just a subtle touch of Christmas ~ but it makes me 
smile every time I look at it.
I wish all Christmas decorating was this easy.


I'm linking with Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
and Smiling Sally for Blue Monday.
 





19 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Very good! The baubles look great repurposed in the Goodwill bowl. :)

Vee said...

Very pretty, which reminds me that I saw that tip and was going to act on it and promptly forgot it. It looks wonderfully beachy.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Such cool colors! Nicely done! Have a grand week! Cathy

Carol said...

Very pretty! You did such a lovely job! And Miss Biddy is sweet sleeping over there!

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

What a beautiful colour for the coming season.

A Garden of Threads said...

I love it, so perfect.

Snap said...

I love this idea. Simple and beautiful. Love blue and Miss Biddy is keeping watch ... supervising!

summerland cottage said...

Beautiful Post
I LoVe the frosty blues,
they feel like the ocean in winter time!

Sue McPeak said...

I never think to use blue for the Holidays, but yours looks so perfect in the GW Bowl. And, yes, it is nice to have something simple turn out so well. Great photos and mosaic, too.

Claudia said...

Blue and White is so classy.

Great mosaic-- Lovely blog.

La said...

I like the way you incorporated the seashells with your ornaments. Have a great week! La

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

oh, I so love this!! Blues and whites speak to me!

SmilingSally said...

Ooo, Love your blue decoration.

Happy Blue Monday!

Chubskulit Rose said...

So creative!

Family Bonding in the kitchen is my share for Blue Monday.

Auntie E said...

A little holiday flare in your office.
A Fun Festive Time

Donnie said...

Love the pops of blue. Definitely my style. Happy Blue Monday.

LV said...

You see more and more people using blue at the holiday. It mixed with white really makes for a lovely sight.

NatureFootstep said...

I honestly have to say that this little glas with bulbs was a great detail in the room. Sometimes you don´t need much, do you? :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love this! Reminiscent of the sea and the sand and the sky!
Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...